What Happens after taking the GED/HSED Exams?

Within 1-2 weeks of completing all GED/HSED tests, examinees will receive an official Report of Results Form in the mail. Successful graduates will receive their General Educational Development Certificate or High School Equivalency Diploma in the mail, usually within two months after successfully completing all of the requirements. Blackhawk Technical College mails the Report of Results; the State of Wisconsin issues certificates and diplomas.

Some high schools, upon satisfactory completion of certain requirements, will issue a regular high school diploma or equivalency diploma to adults who have previously attended that school or who now reside within the boundaries of that school district. Adults should contact the high school they have attended or their local high school to ascertain the policy of that school. The high school decides whether they will issue a diploma.