Academic Advisors are charged with helping new, current and transfer students successfully meet their academic goals. While BTC Advisors, as partners, in a student’s educational process, focus on the intellectual, cultural, psychological and social dimensions of student life. Advisors are available, appointments strongly encouraged, at the Central and Monroe Campuses as well as at all college locations.
- Provide information on course/program requirements, registration procedures, and general college information
- Develop an academic plan according to student needs
- Assist with schedule planning/course selection
- Process transfer, proficiency and work experience credit
- Clarify instructional policies, procedures and requirements
- Facilitate the transition into college for new and returning students
- Provide crisis intervention and conflict resolution
- Refer students to community agencies for additional support services
- Assist Students as they transfer to and from Blackhawk Technical College
Fall & Spring Semesters:
Monday - Tuesday: 8:00 am - 6:30 pm
Wednesday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Tuesday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday - Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor.
Quick questions regarding courses, schedule changes and transfer credit may be addressed during walk-in times - See Schedule (Varies)
An advisor is available at the Monroe Campus. Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment to meet with the advisor; walk-ins are available when schedule permits.
Services at BTC Centers
An advisor is available at the Advanced Manufacturing Center, Beloit Center (608-757-7741) and Center for Transportation Studies (608-743-4471) on a limited schedule. Students are encouraged to call to schedule an appointment.