Academic advisors are charged with helping new, current and transfer students successfully meet their academic goals. While BTC counselors, as partners in a student’s educational process, focus on the intellectual, cultural, psychological and social dimensions of student life. Advisors and Counselors are available, appointments strongly encouraged, at the Central and Monroe Campuses as well as at the Center for Transportation Studies and Beloit Center.
- Provide information on course/program requirements, registration procedures, and general college information
- Develop an academic plan according to student needs
- Assist with schedule planning/course selection
- Process transfer, proficiency and work experience credit
- Clarify instructional policies, procedures and requirements
- Facilitate the transition into college for new and returning students
- Provide short-term personal counseling
- Provide crisis intervention and conflict resolution
- Refer students to community agencies for additional support services
Monday - Wednesday: 8:00 am - 6:30 pm
Thursday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor or advisor.
Quick questions regarding courses, schedule changes and transfer credit may be addressed during walk-in times.
Counseling and Career Services at Monroe Campus
A counselor is available at the Monroe Campus. Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor; walk-ins available when schedule permit.
Counseling Services at BTC Centers
A counselor is available at the Center for Transportation Studies (608-743-4471) and Beloit Center (608-757-7741) on a limited schedule. Students are encouraged to call to schedule an appointment.