Counselors and Advisors assist students with their academic and career goals. Students are encouraged to meet with a counselor or advisor to discuss program and course expectations, explore career options, review assessment scores and evaluate transfer credits. In addition, counselors assist students with personal issues and provide crisis intervention and professional referrals.
- Provide information on course/program requirements, registration procedures, and general college information
- Assist with schedule planning/course selection
- Process transfer, proficiency and work experience credit
- Clarify instructional policies, procedures and requirements
- Develop an academic plan according to student needs
- Facilitate the transition into college for new and returning students
- Provide short-term personal counseling
- Provide crisis intervention and conflict resolution
- Refer students to community agencies for additional support services
Monday - Wednesday: 8:00 am - 6:30 pm
Thursday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor or advisor.
Quick questions regarding courses, schedule changes and transfer credit may be addressed during walk-in times.
Counseling and Career Services at Monroe Campus
A counselor is available at the Monroe Campus. Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor; walk-ins available when schedule permit.
Counseling Services at Center for Transportation Studies
A counselor is available at the Center for Transportation Studies, Airport Center and Beloit Center on a limited schedule. Students are encouraged to call to schedule an appointment.