Associate of Applied Science Degree
The Marketing Associate of Applied Science Degree enables students to understand and apply marketing, management, and entrepreneurial principles; to make rational economic decisions; and demonstrate social responsibility in a global economy. Students will learn career and technical skills in sales, marketing, market research, promotions, and leadership. Blackhawk Technical College s program provides opportunities to apply these skills in projects in business-to-business, business-to-consumer, marketing management, and advertising environments. Students can choose from a broad range of career opportunities upon graduation. Typical graduation placement includes marketing support, sales and promotion, media planning and research, account service, sales and purchasing, and more.
If the following profile describes you, then a career in Marketing may be in your future:
- I enjoy using my ideas to create really cool things in a variety of media (paper, software, website, video, etc.).
- I love using social media and the Internet to connect with people.
- I enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with very diverse customers.
- I enjoy selling things. I often think about starting my own business and making lots of money with my ideas.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Develop strategies to anticipate and satisfy market needs
- Promote products, services, images, and/or ideas to achieve a desired outcome
- Evaluate information through the market research process to make business decisions
- Prepare selling strategies
- Understand principles of e-commerce
- Create a professional development plan and portfolio
Helpful High School Courses and Activities:
- DECA and FBLA events and activities
- Business Education and Marketing
- Computers and technology
- Writing and communications