Are you interested in a variety of tasks? Do you like being active on the job? Are you a people person who also thrives using technology? If so, the Administrative Support Professional technical diploma degree might be just for you!
Blackhawk Technical College's Administrative Support Professional program is designed to prepare tomorrow's administrative and business professionals to position themselves to take on greater responsibilities and duties. You'll learn about complex office procedures, using business technology, planning meetings and events, coordinating projects, and more. Graduates will become valued administrative assistants equipped with technology, communication, and professional skills. Potential careers are available in diverse settings including business, industry, local government, healthcare, and service organizations. Why not start preparing for your future today at Blackhawk Technical College?
If the following profile describes you, then a career as an Administrative Support Professional may be in your future:
- I like being active on the job.
- I am interested in completing a variety of tasks in the business office.
- I enjoy “taking the lead” on projects.
- I love working with technology and people.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Apply organizational skills to office operations, department, or team.
- Lead office operations in business, government, or community-based organizations.
- Demonstrate effective workplace communications.
- Apply technology skills to business and administrative tasks.
- Perform routine administrative procedures.
- Maintain internal and external relationships.
- Create accurate and high quality written documents.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage office projects.
- Plan meetings and events including working with customers, vendors, and others.
- Manage office documents including financial, human resources, and business communications.
- Demonstrate proficiency with office technologies including intranets, and business software applications.
- Select and use appropriate technology to meet customer needs, organizational goals or team objectives.
Helpful High School Courses:
- Touch keyboarding skill of 40 wpm or higher for 5 minutes with 5 or fewer errors. Keyboarding, skill building courses are available at BTC.
- English composition
- Computer applications
- Credit for prior learning may be available for some courses; check with your high school counselor or BTC admissions specialist.