Early Childhood Education is a career option that has increased in demand. This expanding field is seeking potential students with keen observation skills, a talent for human insight, clear communication skills, and respect for children and families.
If the following profile describes you, then a career in Early Childhood Education may be in your future:
- I enjoy being around young children.
- I like creating learning activities that help children grow.
- I am interested in child development stages and growth.
- I get a kick out of seeing children grasp new concepts.
At Blackhawk Technical College, you will develop the skills needed to address the creative challenges you will face in working with young children:
- ECE 1. Apply child development theory to practice.
- ECE 2. Cultivate relationships with children, family, and the community.
- ECE 3. Assess child growth and development.
- ECE 4. Use best practices in teaching and learning.
- ECE 5. Demonstrate professionalism.
- ECE 6. Integrate health, safety, and nutrition practices.
Early Childhood Associate Degree graduates will meet the state educational requirements to be a Child Care Teacher in a licensed group early childhood center for children ages 2 weeks to 10 years old.
Physical information needs to be completed before the start of school. Practicum students must meet DCF requirements for information disclosure records and background record checks.