Associate of Applied Science Degree
The IT- Web Analyst/Programmer Associate of Applied Science Degree meets the specific skills and knowledge requirements of technical and professional jobs within the information technology field for Web development specialists including analyst /programmer, e-Commerce, or Web design/support. It is designed to meet entry-level education needs of most segments of the IT field which utilize a variety of computers. Training blends general educational development and required IT technical skills. Graduates are prepared for entry-level Web developer jobs in government, insurance, manufacturing, service, software development, wholesale and retail sales, utilities, banking and accounting.
If the following profile describes you, then a careeer as an Information Technology Web Analyst or Programmer may be in your future:
- I like using the Internet.
- I like puzzles and figuring out different ways to put things together (recipes or algorithms).
- I would like to learn how to create things that end-up on the Internet.
- I am interested in working to solve typical and not-so-typical business problems.
Program Outcomes –
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Write moderately complex Web applications using current Enterprise Java technology
- Write moderately complex Web applications using current Microsoft technology
- Process data in a relational database using the SQL command set
- Perform entry-level systems analysis and design work to solve business problems using both traditional and object-oriented methodologies
- Build the client side of interactive Web sites using (X)HTML and scripting languages
- Demonstrate work ethics and reliable behavior including, but not limited to, assuming responsibility for decisions and actions, utilizing time and stress managements skills, and displaying initiative
- Work as a team member by demonstrating good communication and listening skills, cooperation, and providing a supportive environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the IT field and its job roles
Helpful High School Courses:
- Algebra and Math
- Computer Science
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Internet Experience