The apprenticeship process is a formal arrangement involving employers, apprenticeship committees, state government, technical colleges, and individuals who want to learn a skilled craft through on-the-job training and applied classroom instruction in their chosen trade. Paid Related Instruction is a key part of each apprenticeship and is required by the Wisconsin apprenticeship law. The length of training may vary from two to five years, depending on the trade. Apprentices who successfully complete the prescribed number of hours of training become certified skilled workers.
Blackhawk Technical College is currently capable of offering the following:
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Mechatronics Apprenticeship
- Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship
- Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship
- Welding Fabricator Apprenticeship