Give Your Training Budgets a Boost with WAT Grant Funding!
Workforce Advancement Training (WAT) Grants are administered by the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) through the technical colleges' business and industry divisions.
- Promote increased investment in the development of incumbent workers
- Improve Wisconsin businesses' productivity and competitiveness
- Augment the state's economic base by expanding technical college services to businesses and industry
Grants are awarded to upgrade the skills and productivity of employees of established businesses operating in Wisconsin, with the broader objective of supporting regional workforce and economic development efforts. The training can include any combination of academic, occupational and employability topics or courses.
Projects that would accomplish one or more of the following will receive special consideration:
- Increase employees' wages
- Expand employees' job and career opportunities, including helping employees improve their standing by taking advantage of career pathways
- Implement part of a formal regional development collaboratively planned by business and industry and workforce and economic development organizations
- Strengthen the position of the state's driver industries and related industry clusters
For fiscal year 2014 (beginning July 1, 2014) $4,000,000 is available for these purposes. The minimum application amount is $2,500 for all businesses.
The WAT Grant application deadline is May 24, 2014, and can take several weeks to prepare prior to submission to the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) for approval. Applications are accepted before the deadline; however reviews and approvals will only be done after the deadline. Additional application opportunities may be available throughout the year. For more information contact Doug Holmes, (608) 757-7650 or email@example.com.