To serve you better we ask that you apply for a student loan by the dates listed below:
- Fall Term - December 1
- Spring Term - May 1
- Summer Term - July 1
How Do I Get a Student Loan?
- You must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application.
If you have not already done so, you can apply online at https://fafsa.ed.gov
- NOTE: The FSA ID (Federal Student ID) will replace the four digit PIN in May 2015. Please login to create a user ID and password before accessing any Federal Student Aid websites.
- The interactive entrance counseling session will help you to understand the responsibilities that come with your student loan.
- It must be completed prior to receiving loan funds for FIRST time borrowers at BTC.
- Begin Entrance Counseling Process Now (Click on the green SIGN IN button and use your federal PIN to sign in)
Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- This is a legally binding contract you sign, agreeing to repay the Stafford Loan money you have borrowed.
- NOTE: Your Federal PIN is needed as a signature for your MPN. It must be completed if you are a first time borrower at BTC.
- Master Promissory Note (Click on the green SIGN IN button and use your federal PIN to sign in)
When you graduate, or drop below half-time attendance, you are required to complete exit counseling. This interactive counseling session will help you plan for the repayment of your student loans.
Begin Exit Counseling Process Now