Student Loans

To serve you better we ask that you apply for a student loan by the dates listed below:

  • Fall Term - December 1
  • Spring Term - May 1
  • Summer Term  - July 1

How Do I Get a Student Loan?


  1. You must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application.

    If you have not already done so, you can apply online at

  2. NOTE: The FSA ID (Federal Student ID) will replace the four digit PIN in May 2015.  Please login to create a user ID and password before accessing any Federal Student Aid websites.

Loan Processing

Entrance Counseling

  • The interactive entrance counseling session will help you to understand the responsibilities that come with your student loan.
  • It must be completed prior to receiving loan funds for FIRST time borrowers at BTC.
  • Begin Entrance Counseling Process Now (Click on the green SIGN IN button and use your federal PIN to sign in)

Master Promissory Note (MPN)

  • This is a legally binding contract you sign, agreeing to repay the Stafford Loan money you have borrowed.
  • NOTE: It must be completed if you are a first time borrower at BTC.
  • Master Promissory Note (Click on the green SIGN IN button and use your federal PIN to sign in)

Exit Counseling

When you graduate, or drop below half-time attendance, you are required to complete exit counseling. This interactive counseling session will help you plan for the repayment of your student loans.

Begin Exit Counseling Process Now