Articulation Information for Students
Your high school may have agreements with Blackhawk Technical College that offer dual credit for classes you take in high school.
- You can earn college credit at the same time you earn high school credit for some of your classes.
- This can save you hundreds of dollars in college tuition.
- There is NO COST for you or your family.
- Speak with your high school counselor to make sure you are taking the courses with agreements in place.
- When you register for your high school courses, ask if any of them have agreements in place.
- Make sure your parents have signed the consent form provided by your high school for you to be able to participate.
How to get your college credits
- Make sure your parent has signed the consent form provided by your high school for you to be able to participate.
- Know which of your classes have agreements.
For classes that have Transcripted Credit agreements
- Earn a "C" or better in the course.
- If you apply and enroll in a program at Blackhawk Technical College, your transcript will be waiting for you.
- If you would like to use your BTC transcript at a different college, request an official transcript from the BTC (a processing fee may apply).
- Transcripted Credit agreements create a BTC transcript for you but you must request a copy of it .
- Transcripted Credit agreements are valid at BTC and other Wisconsin Technical Colleges that offer the same course.
- Transcripted Credit agreements may be valid at other learning institutions. You must provide official BTC transcripts to them for their consideration.
For classes that have Advanced Standing agreements
- Earn a "B" or better in the course.
- Apply and enroll in a program at Blackhawk Technical College within 2 1/2 years of high school graduation.
- You are awarded these college credits when you apply and enroll in a BTC program.
- If you wish to attend another Wisconsin Technical College, let their admissions department know which courses you took that had Advanced Standing agreements with BTC. If the other technical college offers the same course, they will award you credit.
- Advanced Standing agreements do not create a BTC transcript for you.
- Advanced Standing agreements are only valid at BTC and other Wisconsin Technical Colleges that offer the same course