IT Help Desk Support
ITS provides students with Help Desk support for login issues, campus computer issues, and password resets. The Help Desk is located in room 2409 next to the library.
ITS provides free wireless access to students with laptops. Simply enter your network login to access the wireless network.
Wireless Coverage maps:
Central Campus Upper Level
Central Campus Lower Level
Software for Computers
USB Jump Drives
Helpful tips for purchasing and using your USB device.
- Do not buy a memory stick that has the U3 encryption software on it. We currently know that Lexmark and SanDisk have this technology and it will not work on BTC computers. If you are unsure if the manufacturer has this software on it please ask the sales person.
- Note: The College Bookstore sells jump drives that are compatible with our systems.
Suggested Specifications for Home Computers
When purchasing a new computer for home use, it is imperative to have a computer that meets the minimum requirements for running production software. An Intel-compatible computer system with at least the following is recommended:
- Dual Core class processor
- 2 GB RAM (minimum)
- 4 GB RAM (preferred for Microsoft Windows 7)
- 120 GB Hard Drive (minimum; much larger if you want to store music or movies)
- CD ROM Drive
- Windows 7 or later
- Latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE)
- Virus Scan Software - Microsoft Security Essentials, Trend Micro, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, or AVG
- **For wireless access for laptops, 802.11 b/g/n wireless network adaptor is required.
Dell Computers may be purchased with a Blackhawk Technical College discount at http://www.dell.com/wisconsintechnical