The Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness supports the mission of Blackhawk Technical College (Empowering Students. Enriching Communities) by empowering campus decision makers and external constituents to continually improve operations, enhance learning environments for students, and ensure transparency and integrity with accrediting bodies, legislators and the general public. The Office promotes a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement through the following responsibilities/objectives:
- Data: Assist, support, and fulfill internal and external requests for information to facilitate and strengthen decision making, including data collection (surveys, interviews, focus groups), compilation of information from internal and external sources as needed, high quality analysis, interpretation, reporting, and presentation of findings, and leadership in data quality efforts campus-wide;
- Accreditation and Compliance: Lead, monitor, support, and assist with reaffirmation of accreditation for the college (AQIP), specific educational programs, and all required compliance reporting (e.g., IPEDS);
- Evaluation and Research: Consultation, design, implementation, and reporting related to program evaluation (outputs, processes, and outcomes) and applied research questions (e.g., best practices, needs assessments, secondary/archival research) with appropriate methods and rigor;
- Strategic Planning: Development, implementation, support, assistance, monitoring, and reporting related to college-level strategic planning including development, monitoring, support and assistance in specific tasks, updates and analysis of progress/obstacles;
- Governance: Support and assist in participatory governance at the college, including monitoring, facilitation of elections, and communication to internal and external stakeholders.