HVAC/R is one of the fastest growing industries in the world today. With the changing laws involving refrigerants and the influx of digital control systems, there is a constant need for qualified service technicians to work on HVAC/R equipment. A service technician will have to continually update his/her skills to keep up with the changing industry.
This program will provide proper training for people interested in a career in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) field. The technician will be prepared for employment in a variety of areas including servicing, installing, designing, estimating, and selling HVAC systems for commercial and residential applications. The most modern equipment, test instruments, and computers are used for instruction.
After completing the HVAC/R technical diploma, students may wish to pursue additional training in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning engineering. Credit for many of the core program courses may be transferred to a four-year institution. The student needs to confirm which courses are transferable with the accepting college.
NEW Embedded Residential HVAC Technical Diploma
In response to employer and student demand for additional educational opportunities, Blackhawk has created embedded diplomas within existing programs. The HVAC embedded technical diploma can be earned while taking courses within the two-year HVAC program. This opportunity provides students a set of industry recognized skills and abilities that will prepare them for entry level employment.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Perform HVAC/R service and repair operations in compliance with published safety standards
- Promote customer satisfaction
- Operate tools and equipment according to process published in operators manual and/or demonstrated in class
- Service and/or repair/replace defective components established in equipment specific repair manual and/or electronic service information systems
- Diagnose root cause of problems by comparing test results to an established standard
- Efficiently complete tasks within the expected time frame for an entry level technician
There is a constant demand for comfort systems, and trained HVAC/R technicians are sought to operate and maintain these systems. Graduates of this program often obtain work as installation technicians, service technicians, sales representatives, and maintenance technicians.