The new Manufacturing Information Technology Specialist program is an opportunity for students to learn how to support every aspect of advanced manufacturing operations and to help companies function at peak efficiency. The MIT degree provides hands-on training with computer hardware, operating systems, application software, mobile devices and networks. In addition, students will learn how to provide excellent customer service to the employees that fill the various roles they will support. Graduates of this program will have the knowledge, attitudes, and skills needed to guide and implement the systematic enhancement of various types of computer systems as these technologies continue to grow and evolve.
- Apply effective customer satisfaction and field service techniques
- Evaluate and repair PC hardware components and peripherals
- Evaluate and administer PC software applications
- Compare LAN and WAN physical and logical fundamentals
- Evaluate, administer, and repair network hardware
- Apply PC system evaluation, installation, configuration, diagnosis and repair skills in the workplace
- Perform IT related tasks in multiple environments to include office and manufacturing
- Apply basic understanding of manufacturing communication protocols.
- Evaluate, administer, and repair wireless networking components and the devices that use them.
- Evaluate and install helpdesk software
- Apply proper helpdesk services
- Evaluate, administer and troubleshoot PC and Apple devices.
- Evaluate, administer and troubleshoot Windows, Apple, and Linux operating systems
- Compare different types of virtual machine systems.