Applications for Blackhawk Technical College Foundation Scholarships are now being accepted. Every student is encouraged to complete the Scholarship Application. Student scholarship applications for the spring 2017 semester are due on October 1st and awarded shortly thereafter.
The BTC Foundation Scholarship Committee reviews all applications and scores them based on six criteria:
- Unmet Financial Need: Applicant income and occupational status. (A completed FAFSA application must be on file in the Financial Aid Office at Blackhawk Technical College.)
- Family circumstance: Applicant support of a spouse, dependents, family members under medical care, etc.
- Grades: Minimum of 2.5 G.P.A. in prior educational settings.
- Neatness and completeness: Application is legible, and all questions are answered with necessary detail.
- Future potential: Application essay outlines realistic, obtainable student goals and plans.
- Two letters of recommendation: From non-relatives, supporting candidate’s character and commitment to education.
If you have any questions contact Alicia Acker at