Data Dimensions, the Janesville based company that specializes in helping clients manage their business and information processes, received the Blackhawk Technical College Community Service Award last Saturday night at BTC’s awards banquet that also honors students, staff and faculty.
Data Dimensions’ chairman, Mark Bush, accepted the Community Service Award, which is given each year to an organization or individual who has made significant contributions to BTC in the form of volunteer service, equipment and/or monetary donations or the hiring of BTC graduates.
Data Dimensions makes a regular commitment to hiring BTC graduates and students. It has employed 10 BTC students in the past year.
The dinner also recognized four individuals for awards voted on by BTC students:
* John Peralta, Student of the Year.
* Rick Theis, aviation maintenance tech instructor, for the JoAnn Moller Award.
* Beth Chambers, Human Resources instructor, as the Faculty of the Year
* Cindy Alfano, student counselor, as the Staff of the Year.
The dinner also recognized:
* 60 students for outstanding academic achievement in Advanced Manufacturing and Transportation, Business, Health Sciences, Public Safety, Agribusiness, Laboratory Technician and Medical Lab Technician.
* 23 students for the Special Recognition Award in a variety of fields.
* 15 students for the Student Involvement Awards for their participation in BTC clubs and associations.