High school students and adults who are interested in the wide array of programs Blackhawk Technical College offers are encouraged to investigate one of the 11 admission’s events being offered by BTC starting Oct. 17 and running through Nov. 4.
During the next three weeks BTC will host 10 different Tech Exploration Days to provide a hands-on preview of several high demand fields. Prospective students will be introduced to more than 30 different BTC programs.
In addition to the Tech Exploration Days, BTC will also host its One Stop Admissions event on Saturday, October 29 from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the Central Campus in Janesville (6004 Hwy G). Attendees of the One Stop event must register in advance by calling 608-743-4463 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The One Stop Admissions outing is an opportunity for prospective students to complete their application and financial aid process, take the Accuplacer test and speak with admissions staff about their program interests, all within a few hours. Students who reserve a position for the event will be contacted by BTC personnel and advised of necessary material they will need for the event, such as high school transcripts and financial information.
The Tech Exploration Days programs will be featured at five BTC campuses including the Central Campus (6004 Hwy G, Janesville), the Center for Transportation Studies (1740 W. US Hwy 14, Janesville), the Advanced Manufacturing Training Center (15 Plumb St., Milton), the Monroe Campus (210 4th Avenue, Monroe) and the Beloit Center (50 Eclipse Center, Beloit).
Tech Exploration Days introduce prospective students to the hands-on education BTC students receive on a daily basis. Instructors will provide program and classroom details in their respective fields, ranging from entrance requirements to expected course loads. Instructors also will demonstrate equipment and highlight prospective employment opportunities in their areas of concentration.
Those interested in attending any of the events are asked to contact Katie Lange in the BTC Admissions Department at (608) 743-4463 or email@example.com.
Tech Exploration sessions are available in the following fields on these dates and at these BTC sites:
* Business (Accounting, Business Management, and Human Resources): Monday, Oct. 17, 8:45 - 11:15 a.m., Central Campus, 6004 S. Hwy G, Janesville.
* Early Childhood Education: Wednesday, Oct. 19, 8:45 to 10 a.m., Beloit Center, 50 Eclipse Center, Beloit
* Information Technology (IT Networking and IT Web Software): Thursday, Oct. 20, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Central Campus, 6004 S. Hwy G, Janesville.
* Automotive Technician & Diesel/Heavy Equipment Technician: Thursday, Oct. 20, 8:45 to 11:15 a.m., Center for Transportation Studies, 1740 W. US Hwy 14, Janesville
* Health Sciences: (Dental Assistant, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Nursing, Pharmacy Technician, Physical Therapy Assistant, Radiography): Tuesday, Nov. 1, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., Central Campus, 6004 S. Hwy G, Janesville.
* Electric Power Distribution: Tuesday, Nov. 1, 8:45 to 10 a.m., Central Campus, 6004 S. Hwy G, Janesville.
* Agribusiness & Health Sciences: (Agribusiness, Lab Tech Assistant, Medical Lab Technician) Wednesday, Nov. 2., 8:45 to 11 a.m., Monroe Campus, 210 4th Avenue, Monroe
* Advanced Manufacturing: (Welding, CNC, Industrial Maintenance Technician, HVAC, Computer Service Technician, Manufacturing Information Technology Specialist, Electromechanical Technology): Thursday, Nov. 3, 8:30 a.m. to -12 p.m., Advanced Manufacturing Training Center, 15 Plumb St., Milton.
* Public Safety: (Criminal Justice, EMT, Fire Technician): Friday, Nov. 4, 8:45 to 11 a.m., Central Campus, 6004 S. Hwy G, Janesville.