The Human Services associate degree trains students to provide information, support, care and advocacy to those in need. The program combines in-class coursework with specialized study opportunities and real-world training essential for working at social agencies, counseling centers, educational institutions or correctional facilities.
Through a broad-based curriculum, students will be introduced to all of the fundamentals of psychology, stress management, conflict management and social problems. Students will also acquire the skills needed to work with individuals, groups and communities of diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Model a commitment to cultural competence
- Uphold the ethical standards and values for human service professionals
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Utilize community resources
- Apply human services interventions and best practices
- Cultivate professional relationships