Blackhawk Technical College will award transfer of credits from other regionally accredited institutions of higher education. Credit may be granted to students transferring from other technical colleges, colleges, and universities, provided that:
- The course is identified on an official transcript;
- All official transcripts must be submitted to BTC before the Credit for Prior Learning process will begin:
- The course being transferred is equivalent in content and meets or exceeds the credit value of the BTC course;
- The credits accepted as transfer do not exceed BTC's credit value assigned to the course;
- The course is directly applicable to the degree or diploma program being pursued;
- A grade point of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or above was earned in the course;
- No more than 75% of program course work may be earned through the Credit for Prior Learning process.
- Courses being considered for transfer of Written Communication or English Composition 1 must have been taken after the spring of 1990.
Earned Associate, Bachelor or Masters Degree from a regionally accredited institution -- immediate transfer of four general education classes (totaling twelve credits) and two courses of electives (totaling six credits). Other courses can be reviewed individually.Student Success may be granted if the degree earned is within the last 20 years.
If you register for a course which the College later grants credit, you may choose to drop/withdraw from the course. You will be held responsible for all appropriate fees incurred.
Transfer credits are recorded as credits only and are not included in determining grade point averages.
The entire Credit for Prior Learning process can take up to 8 weeks.
Once your Credit for Prior Learning has been evaluated, you will be notified of the results to your BTC email account.
If you are transferring in credit from another WCTS or UW System school, please visit the Transfer Information System (http://tis.uwsa.edu) website for information.
If you have any questions regarding Credit for Prior Learning, please contact Theresa Eiden at 608-743-4535 or firstname.lastname@example.org.