In order to officially graduate, (whether participating in the graduation ceremony or not) you must:
- complete all necessary coursework;
- have a program GPA of 2.0 or higher
- completed at least 25% of all program required courses at BTC and;
- apply for graduation and pay a nominal graduation fee.
Applications should be submitted by the deadline listed in the handbook for each semester. If you do not meet the deadline you will not be able to participate in the formal ceremony and receipt of your diploma will be delayed.
If you previously submitted a Graduation Application but did not graduate, you must submit an updated application to be considered for future graduation. No additional fee is required. If you are completing an additional program, you will need to complete another Graduation Application and pay the nominal fee.
Formal Graduation Ceremony
A moment of pride for any student is graduation day. Graduation is recognition that you have accomplished something of importance that will have meaning for years to come. The graduation exercises are held in May. Students who meet all program requirements are invited to participate.
- Are within six (6) credits of completing a program (technical diploma or associate degree) by the end of the summer semester.
- Apply for graduation within the application deadline & clearly mark "yes" or "no" regarding participation in the Commencement.
You are required to wear a cap and gown for the graduation ceremony. If you have applied to graduate and have acknowledged your desire to participate in the ceremony you will receive information regarding the purchase of your cap and gown in early spring.
If you or your guests require a special accommodation, you should contact the Executive Dean of Student Services at least two (2) weeks before the graduation ceremony.