Please see Blackhawk Technical College’s Form 1098-T Frequently Asked Questions
for general information on the form.
All “active” students have the ability to print Form 1098-T Tuition Statements via the Banner Web system.
It is quite easy, and free, to get these statements and you can access this system any day of the week between 6:00 a.m. – Midnight. To access the statements on the Banner Web system:
- Go to"ONLINE SERVICES" drop down menu at top of page and select "Banner Web Login"
- On the User Login screen, enter your 9-digit BTC ID followed by your 6-digit PIN (originally set as your date of birth unless you have changed it)
- On the Main Menu screen, select “Student & Financial Aid”
- On the Student & Financial Aid screen, select “Student Accounts”
- On the Student Account screen, select “Tax Notification”
- On the next screen, enter the applicable tax year and click “Submit”
- The resulting screen is your statement which can be printed out
ACTIVE STUDENTS (You are considered an active student if you have registered for a minimum of one course within the last year)
College processed duplicate Form 1098-T Tuition Statement requests from Blackhawk Technical College are available for a fee of $15.00 per copy.
College processed duplicate Form 1098-T Tuition Statements can be obtained by printing and completing the Request Duplicate Tax Form
request form and submitting along with your payment. This form must be completed in its entirety. Please make sure to list all possible names which your record may appear under. The fee must be paid prior to the statement(s) being released.
Blackhawk Technical College cannot process your requests via e-mail or over the telephone. Federal law regarding student privacy requires the College have your digital signature or handwritten signature on the request.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) expects taxpayers to maintain adequate records to support any information used when preparing their individual tax returns. Form 1098-T is an information statement only and is intended to serve as a guide for taxpayers. Blackhawk Technical College does not provide tax advice. An individual’s accountant, tax preparer, or the IRS can best advise on specific questions related to the information contained on Form 1098-T.