Are you a student who lives in Rock or Green County and would like to either attend Rock Valley College or Highland Community College? You may be eligible to take advantage of the reciprocal agreements that are in place between Blackhawk Technical College (BTC) and Rock Valley College (RVC) or Highland Community College (HCC).
Reciprocity authorization letters are due by:
- October 1st for Fall Term
- March 1st for Spring Term
Reciprocal agreements provide students from collaborating colleges to attend approved programs at the other school without having to deal with residency issues and out-of-district fees. To be eligible for this program, there needs to be a current reciprocal letter on file at the students "home" (or residential) school. This letter must be updated on an annual basis.
Terms of Reciprocity Agreement
- All agreements are valid for one year—Fall to Summer semesters
- All students MUST initiate the renewal agreement for subsequent years.
- Proof of acceptance into RVC or HCC is needed prior to receiving authorization. You must show the BTC representative the original RVC or HCC acceptance letter. A copy of your acceptance letter will be kept for verification.
- If you enroll in courses that are not within your Academic Plan, your residency status may be changed to reflect out-of state fees for ALL COURSES YOU ARE ENROLLED IN FOR THAT TERM. This change can occur at any time. If approval documentation is received AFTER classes start, the approval will not be applied to that semester.
- Upon completion of the degree or certificate requirements, this agreement is no longer valid.
- Family Education Rights and Privacy Act: The student understands and grants permission for RVC or HCC to send information pertaining to the students’ course schedule and registration each semester.
Individual reciprocity approval documentation needs to be presented to the respective college either prior to the affected semester or prior to classes starting.