Student Accident Insurance Plan

Enrollment / Eligibility

Who is eligible?

All students enrolled in college credit classes or in a practicum program and/or other recognized student groups approved by the College will be automatically enrolled in the Wisconsin Technical Colleges Accident Insurance Plan, and will be defined as a “Covered Person”.

Accident Insurance Plan Benefits

What is covered under the Wisconsin Technical College Accident Insurance Plan?

  • When an Accident occurs while on campus, attending a practicum program or other recognized student group approved by the College or during travel to and from a program, the plan offers comprehensive benefits that include hospital room and board, inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures, labs and x-rays, physician office visits, ambulance, durable medical equipment, emergency care and prescription drugs.
  • The maximum benefit allowed for each accident is $50,000.
  • Services are covered at 100% of Reasonable and Customary Charges.
  • Please refer to the Plan Documents for complete details regarding coverage, limitations, and exclusions.

Does a Covered Person need to be on campus for coverage to take into effect?

Eligible students are covered while on campus, attending or participating in a college-sponsored or recognized activity, including practicums. This includes traveling to or from the Covered Person's home, and campus, within the entire state of Wisconsin. The covered travel time includes the period before the Covered Person's required attendance time and the period after his dismissal or when he completes any extra duties.

Is coverage in place for a student who is traveling outside of Wisconsin for a required course activity?

Out of state travel is covered, but cannot exceed two hours of automobile travel time from Wisconsin.

Is coverage in place for a student who is studying at the college library on campus on a day when his/her class is not in session?

Coverage is in place while on school premises, during school hours, and on school days.

Is coverage in place for a student who is driving to and from a school sponsored event?

Coverage is in place to and from a school sponsored event within the entire state of Wisconsin.

Do I Get an ID Card?

ID cards are available online. To print an ID card, students should complete the following steps:

  1. Visit Gallagher Koster
  2. Log-in using your existing account information (first time visitors will need to create an account).
  3. Select “Authorize Account” located to the left of your screen under Account Information and entered your Student ID number along with your date of birth.
  4. Once your account has been authorized, select ‘Account Home’ and click on ‘Generate ID Card’.

Does this plan have a deductible?

No, the Wisconsin Technical Colleges Accident Only Insurance Plan does not have a deductible. Deductible means the amount for which you are responsible before payment is made by the claims company.

Can I Opt Out of this Plan?

Students who provide documentation of equivalent coverage that will remain in effect the entire semester may submit a request for waiver from this program.

Finding a Provider

Can I go to any doctor or hospital?

Yes, you can go to any licensed provider.

Claims Processing

How do I report a claim?

The covered person must complete and submit the Student Claim Form notifying the insurer of the covered event. This claim form must be submitted in order for benefits to be paid under this plan.

If I receive a bill for services I received or need to be reimbursed, what should I do?

Physicians should bill the claims administrator. The billing information is on the back of your accident insurance ID card that you print off the website. However, if do you receive a bill or you paid for a service and need to be reimbursed, you should submit your bill (and proof of payment if seeking reimbursement) and the above completed claim form to the claims administrator. 

Can I purchase coverage after the policy terminates?

No, there is no option to continue coverage after this policy terminates.