Reasons to seek tutoring:
- Enrich your understanding of the course material
- Help you apply better study methods
- Help you manage your time more effectively
- Assist you in focusing in on what is important
- Tutoring helps you earn better grades
- Review assignments and expectations of the instructor
- Help you take clear notes and review study guides effectively
- Clarify information presented by the instructor
- Help you understand the textbook and utilize the information it contains
- Provide you with additional examples and practice problems to reinforce concepts
- Teach you material that you have not read or heard in class
- Write papers for you
- Do your homework
Tutoring sessions are not a substitute for class effort or attendance. You must be enrolled and attending class regularly to continue receiving tutoring services.
What should I do to prepare for a tutoring session?
- Be on time for your scheduled appointment
- Bring materials such as notes, syllabus, assignments, rubrics, etc.
- Write down specific questions you have about the subject or assignment
- Do not expect your tutor to do your work. Tutors are not permitted to contact your instructors, edit writing assignments, do your homework, or assist with take-home exams
Contact your tutor directly or call Tutoring Services at (608) 757-7666 if you need to cancel and/or re-schedule your appointment (at least 2 hours in advance if possible).
Missing 2 or more tutoring sessions without prior communication may result in cancelled services for the semester.
Registering for Tutoring Services
Students who want to receive tutoring services must complete a short registration form. The form can be completed and delivered in person (Room 2200, Central Campus) by email email@example.com or fax (608) 743-4407. Once your form is received we will contact you to set up an appointment for more information and to assign a tutor. Remember that most of the tutors are students too, so be flexible and reasonable regarding the hours you have available to meet with them.