There are many benefits to becoming a peer tutor. In addition to being paid, tutors gain valuable leadership, interpersonal and coaching skills. Becoming a peer tutor reinforces your academic and subject knowledge. Imagine the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of other students!
When selecting tutors, we look for strong academic and communication skills. To be considered for hire as a tutor, you must:
- be enrolled or have completed at least 6 credits at the college;
- have earned a college grade point average of at least 3.0, and a GPA of 3.00 in the subject tutored;
- demonstrate excellent communication skills during your interview;
- have an instructor recommendation for the position based on your performance in his/her class;
- be available to meet with students during scheduled appointments each week;
- have an acceptable background check.
Once hired, we will do our best to work with you to develop a schedule that will meet your needs as well as those of the students you will be tutoring. You will also be required to complete training prior to receiving assigned students to tutor. For more information about becoming a tutor contact Tracey Williams, Tutoring & Testing Services Specialist at (608)757-7656, or by email at email@example.com