Diversity and Inclusion Summit Submission Deadline
Event Start Date: 4/10/2022 12:00 AM - Event End Date: 4/10/2022 11:59 PM
A call to all artists/performers in Janesville, Beloit, Rock County & Green County communities. Blackhawk Technical College wants you to submit an original piece of art/performance representing diversity for our first Diversity and Inclusion Summit, being held in April.
Submit your artwork/performance pieces through this Dropbox link. Please also provide 2-3 sentences explaining your piece/video within your Dropbox entry by 11:59 p.m. April 10.
Judges will view and select 20 original pieces (art/performance pieces) that meet the guidelines, to be displayed, throughout the Blackhawk campuses or presented at the event.
If a piece is shown to be displayed it is the artist's responsibility to drop off/pick up the artwork, to Central Campus. To ensure impartial judging, please put your name on the back of your artwork.
- Have fun
- Must be original. Please remember to cite all references and resources if using images from a website.
- Title and a brief explanation for the piece.
- 2-D entries should be 24”x 24” or smaller.
- 3-D entries must be sized to sit on a small pedestal.
- Be considerate of language use no profanities, vulgarities, or discriminatory language.
- Be respectful
- Entries must be on firm support making sure that the piece is rigid or be framed. A hanging method must be a consideration for all 2-D entries, Charcoal, pencil, or pastels that are submitted need to be sprayed with a fixative to prevent transfer and smudges. For framed works, eye hooks should be securely anchored at the top, left, and right corners.
- On the back please include your name, phone number, and email.
Please submit your poem/performance via video (via this Dropbox link) and be prepared to perform or have it performed on Thursday, April 21 at our Diversity Summit on campus.
Performance must be an original piece and be performed individually or in a group. Poems must be 2 minutes minimum to 3 minutes max in length, about one of the many Diversity subjects listed.
Be considerate of language use no profanities, vulgarities, or discriminatory language. Have fun but be respectful. All entries will be judged, top 20 will be selected for a live or recorded performance on April 21. At the event, they will be judged by a panel of judges and the audience.
Submit your artwork/performance pieces through Dropbox.
Reach out to: SGA@blackhawk.edu.