Semester Kick-Off and a Few Reminders
August 14, 2020
It is amazing how fast time flies. Over the course of the summer term, there has been a beehive of activity across campus as we finished up remodeling projects, installed technology improvements, reconfigured all areas of campus for social distancing, continued fine-tuning our safety protocols, and prepared for Fall term. It has truly been a busy time, but we are very excited to kick-off the new academic year. As we embark on a new semester, we need to remember that COVID-19 remains a threat in our community. Please know that we will do everything we can to keep our students and employees safe this fall.
Here are a few critical reminders for the new semester:
- The College is currently in Stage 5. We will continue to monitor local, state, federal, and CDC guidelines and will be ready to move to Stage 4, if necessary. Prepare yourself to move to Stage 4 at a moment’s notice. More info on our Staged Plan can be found at www.blackhawk.edu/coronavirus.
- Facemasks are required inside all Blackhawk locations.
- Keep six feet of distance between yourself and others at all times.
- Sanitize your hands and workspaces.
- To minimize the spread of germs, eating and drinking will not be permitted in classrooms.
- Laptops and hotspots are available for students to check out through the College Library located in the Student Success Center on Central Campus. Please contact the library at (608) 757-7705 or email@example.com for information or reservations.
- More information about the College’s response to COVID-19 is available at www.blackhawk.edu/coronavirus.
- Please stay on top of your Blackhawk email – this is our main method of communicating important information to students and employees.
COVID-19 continues to present challenges as we navigate these uncharted waters. Our safety protocols are continuously assessed to make sure that we are taking necessary precautions to stay safe, stay connected, and stay on track. Together, we can help keep each other safe, and together, we will have a wonderful semester.
Dr. Tracy Pierner, President of Blackhawk Technical College