You may be considering BTC because you have experienced a lay off. There are few situations in life that cause more stress than losing a job. Whatever you call it - being dislocated, downsized, laid off, or given a pink slip -- it’s never easy. We hope the information provided here will help as you transition to a new career.
Your first step is to take care of the essentials:
- providing for yourself and your family
- maintaining health care and insurance
- planning your next move…looking for a similar job or retraining for a new one
Resources Available to You:
If you are undecided about your career choice:
Attending a Career Workshop can help you choose a career path. Workshops can help you:
- Create awareness of self-interests, your personality type and how your interests and type relate to careers
- Create awareness of careers' education and training requirements
- Develop a career plan and action plan according to your goals
Registration is required. Call the BTC Career Center: (608) 757-6329
or email: Career Center to register.
When you are ready to apply:
Admissions Information Sessions
Plan to attend if you are ready to apply, but would like details about the process. Advance registration is required. Sessions cover:
- Application guidelines and procedures
- Requesting Transcripts
- Pre-admission testing
- Tuition Costs
- What to expect after you apply
- Financial Aid information
- Individual questions and answers
Sessions are scheduled weekly:
Wednesday 1:00 p.m. Thursday 9:00 a.m. Friday 1:00 p.m. Evening sessions are scheduled as needed.
To register contact the BTC Enrollment/Information Center or call (608) 757-7710
Questions? Contact us by calling (608) 743-4463 or 608-757-7719
Interested in a Health Program? What you should know before you apply to a Health Program
Thinking about Business or Information Technology? Some questions that might help you decide whether this is a good career choice.