The desire for a better life motivates Blackhawk Technical College students to work hard and achieve their academic goals—often while juggling work and family responsibilities. In the past few years, students’ financial hardships have increased while financial aid funding has substantially decreased. More students than ever are applying for limited scholarship dollars.
Here’s how you can invest in BTC students:
General Scholarships - Minimum gift: None
The easiest way to transform a BTC student’s life. Individuals, businesses and organizations may donate any amount to BTC Foundation’s General Scholarship Endowment or Annual Scholarship funds.
Named Annual Scholarship - Minimum gift: $500 per year
Honor a loved one, establish a legacy or celebrate success. A named annual scholarship creates a personal connection between Blackhawk Technical College students and an individual, business or an organization. Donors may specify award criteria to reflect values and objectives.
Endowed Scholarship - Minimum gift: $5,000
Make a lasting difference in the lives of students by establishing an endowed scholarship. An endowment requires a minimum gift of $5,000. Created through a gift, bequest, charitable remainder trust, or existing life insurance policy or current gifts, an endowment is the best way to ensure your gift honors your passions and values in perpetuity. Each year, 5 percent of the fund balance is awarded to a BTC student, allowing the fund to continue growing.
Scholarships administered by Blackhawk Technical College Foundation:
- Bill Flatt Memorial Scholarship
- Blackhawk Tech Faculty Federation Scholarship
- BlueScope Scholarship
- Carrie Steinborn-Rebman Memorial Scholarship
- Culinary Arts Externship Awards
- Daniel J. Hartstern Memorial Scholarship
- Dody Murray Memorial Award
- Elizabeth Woodruff Foundation Scholarship
- Francis and Barbara Stauner Memorial Scholarship
- Golden K Kiwanis of Janesville Scholarship
- Goodwill of Northern IL Scholarship
- Grainger Tools for Tomorrow Scholarships
- GROWMARK, Inc. Scholarship
- Harry Spohnholtz Memorial Scholarship
- James McWayne Memorial Award
- JP Cullen & Sons Scholarship
- Judy Meidl Memorial Award
- K. Eugene and Judith Bostian Scholarship
- Lois Jacobs Award
- Lou Chalk Scholarship
- Mercy Nursing Alumnae Association Award
- Mielke Memorial Fund
- Olson Family Scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- Scholarship for Multi-Ethnic Students
- Violet Radel Memorial Award
- Wes Story Memorial Scholarship
- WHA Foundation Scholarship
- Wini Babler Memorial Award
- Women with a Vision Scholarship
Some scholarships await applicants from particular fields of study or geographic areas. Others are intended to help people overcome personal or financial hardship. Whatever the circumstances, every student is encouraged to complete the Blackhawk Technical College Scholarship application.
BTC Financial Aid may also know of additional financial resources available to you. For additional information, contact Elizabeth Horvath, Director of Advancement and Community Relations at 608-757-7704.