BTC Announces Partnership with the University of Wisconsin Whitewater
May 15, 2018
Business program credits will now easily transfer from
BTC to UW Whitewater
- Partnership will allow BTC students to easily transfer credits to UW-Whitewater
- Dr. Tracy Pierner, president of BTC and Dr. John Chenoweth, Dean of the College of Business and Economics will make remarks at the signing ceremony
On Wednesday, May 16, leaders from Blackhawk Technical College and the University of Wisconsin, Whitewater took part in a signing ceremony announcing the partnership between the schools’ business programs. The partnership will make the transition seamless for BTC business program students to transfer credits to UW Whitewater’s business program. The partnership has been in the works for several years and includes BTC enhancing its coursework and textbooks to compliment UW Whitewater’s.
“We have been working diligently to make this partnership a reality and are thrilled to be able to offer seamless transferability of our courses to our BTC students,” said Jeff Kropp, BTC’s business program chair. “Students will have the advantage of receiving a solid foundation of study in business courses and if they chose, easily transfer to UW to specialize in upper level business-focused classes. It’s a win-win.”
Students taking essential business courses in business management, human resources, supply chain and accounting at BTC, can easily transfer those credits to UW Whitewater.
This BTC and UW Whitewater partnership gives:
- Students a solid business course foundation at BTC and seamless transition to UW Whitewater for study in specialized business degree options
- Flexible learning options at both BTC and UW Whitewater. Both institutions offer online learning options for various courses. UW Whitewater students can complete their business degree online
- A college costs savings by completing essential business courses at BTC before enrolling at UW Whitewater