At Blackhawk Technical College, we process refunds according to the Wisconsin Technical College System Refund Policy for program, material and activity fees.
In order to receive refunds, you must formally request refunds from Registration and Records by notifying them of your intent to drop a class(es) or completely withdraw from all classes. Requests for refunds must be received during the same term of enrollment. In the event of extenuating circumstances, you should meet with the Registrar and be prepared to provide documentation / evidence supporting your request. Please note: these requests are time-sensitive as each day that passes may affect the amount of refund you are eligible for.
It is your responsibility to attend classes on a regular basis. If you fail to attend any portion of the scheduled first two-weeks of full-semester classes (or scheduled first week of accelerated / eight-week classes), your instructor will initiate the process to drop you from the class due to non-attendance. In the event that you are dropped due to non-attendance, you will receive an 80% refund.
If you are dropped due to non-attendance, you are not allowed to attend the class until you: 1) re-register for the class and 2) pay all appropriate fees. Please note: a non-attendance drop may impact your financial aid.
If you drop one class and add another during the first week of the semester, you will receive 100% credit for the tuition and fees paid (provided this amount is applied toward the added class). If the fees for the class dropped exceed the fees for the class added, refunds will be made according to the guidelines listed below:
- 100% refunded if the college cancels the class
- 100% refunded if the student drops the class before the first schedule day of class (not the same day)
- 80% refunded if the student drops the class and less than 11% of the class's total potential hours of instruction have been completed
- 60% refunded if the student drops the class and only 11-20% of the class's total potential hours of instruction have been completed
- 0% refunded if the student drops the class when more than 20% of the class's total potential hours of instruction have been completed
Current students may find more information published in the BTC Student Handbook in MyBTC.