Empower our Students ~ Enrich our Communities
Blackhawk Technical College is a valued and integral partner in a prosperous and vital region.
Our Guiding Principles
These are the principles that guide our actions, activities and decisions as a college:
- Community-Focus: We seek to understand and respond to the needs of our district’s students, employers and citizens.
- Partnerships: We make the best use of our resources by working collaboratively with community business, education, economic and nonprofit partners.
- Transparent Communication: We communicate clearly and frequently so that information flows vertically and horizontally through the organization.
- Accountability: We accept responsibility for our actions and we follow through on our agreements.
- Campus Community: We create an inclusive college community where all students and employees feel welcome and supported in achieving their goals.
- Interdependence: We recognize that we are interconnected both within our college and with the communities we serve and consider both intended and unintended consequences of our decisions and actions.
- Data-Informed Decisions: We appropriately use both qualitative and quantitative data in making decisions.
- Forward-Focused: We are focused on the future and ready to move in new and innovative ways.