The following instructions are required to register for the Funeral Service Apprentice training course (FUNERL 500). Once you are registered, class announcements (including class times, locations, and supplies) will be emailed approximately one week prior to the start of class. Sections fill quickly so please get registered as soon as possible!
How to Register
If you are a current MATC student, you may register using MATC Self Service. For detailed instructions, refer to Step 4 below.
If you are a new student, follow the steps below:
- Complete the Non-Degree Seeking Student/Take a Class Application. Note: It is important you complete the Take a Class Application and not the Program Application. Completing the wrong application will prevent you from registering.
- Once submitted, you will receive two emails. The first email will be sent immediately to acknowledge receipt of the application. The second email will be sent within two business days containing your MATC ID and instructions to access MATC Self Service. If you do not receive this email, please contact email@example.com.
- We strongly recommend that you change your password. Go to matc.edu, select Menu > Student/Staff Login > Password Manager, create security questions, and change your password.
- Register using MATC Self Service.
- Sign in with your MATC username and hit Continue.
- Enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- Select "Student Planning" and search "FUNERL 500" in the search bar.
- Select "View available sections" for FUNERL 500.
- Review available sections and click on "Add section to schedule."
- Select "Add Section" in the information box that appears.
- In the top right-hand corner, you will see a green status message indicating the class has been added to the schedule.
- Select "Academics" on the left side panel and click on the "Student Planning" dropdown.
- Select "Plan & Schedule" and click on "Register Now" (in the top-right corner).
- A message will display confirming you have registered for the class.
- To make a payment, click on the "Financial Information" dropdown from the left side panel, select "Student Finance," and make a payment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Gabriel Schauf, Program Coordinator – MATC Funeral Service Program, at (414) 456-5320 or email@example.com.