Blackhawk remains committed to providing a safe space for all students, faculty and staff. Our current policies on COVID-19 reflect the latest guidelines set by the Center for Disease Control and local health officials.
Currently, our guidelines include:
- Face coverings are optional, and we ask that you respect the decisions of others to wear a face covering or not.
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizer are available throughout campus.
- Do not come to campus if you’re experiencing any COVID symptoms – even if you’re vaccinated. Please stay home, notify your supervisor or instructor(s), and get tested.
- If you test positive:
- The current isolation period is at least five days. (The date of symptom onset or test collection is considered day 0.) After 5 days, if you are asymptomatic or your symptoms are resolving (greatly improved and without fever for 24 hours), you may return to campus, after notifying Campus Safety. You should wear a mask around others until 10 days have passed since your symptom onset or the date your positive test was collected. You are responsible for informing your close contacts. The CDC defines close contact as "someone who was less than 6 feet away from an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period."
- If you were exposed to a COVID-19 positive person:
- You do not need to quarantine but should monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and wear a mask around others for 10 days. (The date of your last close contact is considered day 0.)
- Get tested on day 6, or if you develop symptoms.
- If you test negative, continue monitoring and wearing a mask around others through day 10.
- If you test positive or develop COVID-19 symptoms at any point, isolate, refer to the test positive protocol above, and notify Campus Safety.
- If you are unable to test, you can end your quarantine 5 days after your last close contact with someone with COVID-19, if you have been without COVID-19 symptoms throughout the 5-day period. You should wear a mask around others until 10 days have passed since your exposure.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms:
- If you are sick, do not come to Campus.
- Isolate and seek a test.
- If you test negative, you can end your isolation.
- If you test positive at any point, isolate, refer to the positive test protocol above, and notify Campus Safety.
- Eating and drinking are no longer restricted to designated areas.
- We are not limiting the number of students in a classroom.
- Please be mindful of others’ personal space and preferences.
If you have any questions related to COVID, please contact Blackhawk’s Safety & Security Team, which also has COVID test kits available should you need one, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 757-7617.